1 pkg ground vegan crumbles (in the freezer section of your grocery store)
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 TB paprika or chili powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
vegan sour cream (see recipe below. it’s quick.)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
6 flour tortillas (Cut tortillas into a half-moon shape. For each layer, overlap two moons on each side of pan, and one on each end)
3 c vegan cheese, grated/shredded
1 can Hormel Vegetarian chili
1. Brown ground crumbles with onion, garlic and spices.
2. Mix enchilada sauce, vegan sour cream, and chiles together in a bowl.
3. Cut tortillas into triangles.
4. In a greased 9x12 pan, layer 3 of the tortillas.
5. Then a layer of ground crumbles mixture.
6. Then a layer of enchilada/sour cream/chiles mixture.
7. Then a layer of Chili.
8. Then a layer of cheese.
9. Repeat layers 4-8.
10. Bake in a 375°F oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
Make this recipe soy & wheat free:
1. Use beans instead of ground crumbles & vegetarian chili. Use a combination of 1 can (2 cups) of black beans (in place of the crumbles) and 1 can of vegetarian refried beans (in place of the chili).
2. Use salsa instead of the vegan sour cream.
3. Make sure your vegan cheese was made with rice milk. OR use an assortment of chopped veggies! Suggestions: tomatoes, peppers, black olives, avocado, or corn.
VEGAN SOUR CREAM (use 1/2 of this for above recipe)
1 container medium Tofu, drained
5 teaspoons Lemon Juice (fresh Is Better)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt to taste
BLEND & CHILL